Sunday 24 February 2013

Where to Start?

I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. It is isn't like I haven't blogged before. I have used kidblog with my students for three years now. Also, I have been using some type of class website blog since I started teaching five years ago. I think this is just different as these are going to be my own thoughts and views on teaching out on the web and not what I am doing in the classroom. It is a scary thought that so many  people can see my thoughts and life out on the web or on the flip side  that nobody will read my  blog and it will have been a waste of time.  But, I guess if I don't jump into it whoever is reading this will stop.  So, here I go.

I have three loves and coincidentally they all start with a t: teaching, technology, and traveling. The first two will be the focus of my blogs. I am a Grade 3 teacher in Thompson, Manitoba. I love my job. There are great rewards that come with teaching students when incorporating my other favourite thing-technology. We love exploring and using technology to learn, reflect and assess in our classroom community know as 3B from now on. Our two favourite tools in 3B are Skype and kidblog. The students love connect to our classes through Skype and kidblog.  They love publishing their ideas on kidblog.  

In future blogs, I will share my favourite technology tools and adventures using them in 3B as well as share my views on technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment